1 lb MATCH® Chicken
1/2 lb vegan sausage of your choice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
1 tsp. garlic, granulated
12 oz. traditional herb stuffing mix (1 bag)
1-1/4 cups hot water or hot vegetable stock
3 oz. diced red peppers (canned works well)
1. In a medium skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and cook vegan sausage over medium heat, crumbling as you cook.
2. Remove sausage, add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil and saute onion and celery on medium heat until tender. Add spices and cook for an additional minute.
3. In large mixing bowl, add herb stuffing, hot water, seasoned vegetables, vegan sausage, and diced red peppers. Set aside.
4. Lay 18" of plastic wrap or wax paper on counter. Place thawed MATCH® Chicken in center. Cover with another 18" of plastic. Roll the MATCH® Chicken with a rolling pin until you have a 1/2" thick rectangle.
5. Remove top layer of wrap and spoon 2 cups of stuffing down one side of the chicken. Roll the chicken to form a log and seal the ends.
6. Sear stuffed MATCH® in a roasting pan with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until golden on all sides. Cook for 15-20 min in a 400° oven.
7. Serve with remaining stuffing and your favorite holiday side dishes. Enjoy!